Tacos are my kryptonite. Super Rachel goes weak in the knees around something spicy wrapped in a corn tortilla. I can’t explain it.
Since I’m about to put myself in a wedding dress & strut down the aisle towards the love of my life, I’ve been trying to pack in more veggies. Hence, my new found cauliflower obsession. Without any pizazz, it’s in the running for the blandest veggie of life. Roasted & spiced up, however, just kill me.
I made these for my best friend, Cheryl, who loves tacos more than I do. Literally, she tweets a picture of any taco she ever eats. It’s a thing. She is the true taco tester.
Warning: I just so happened to buy the world’s hottest jalapeno ever. Mixed with the other spices it was just too much. We ended up picking off those little guys.
Fed 2 hungry hippo girls. Would probably feed 4.
Time: 45 minutes
- 2 tsps. chili powder
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- S+P, to taste
- 1 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp. sriracha
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. water
- 1 can of chickpeas, drained + rinsed
- 1 head cauliflower, washed + cut into bite-size florets
- Corn tortillas
- 1 cup red cabbage, chopped
- 1 jalapeño, sliced + seeds removed
- 1 large avocado, diced
- Chopped cilantro
For the cream:
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt (1 single serving container should do)
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- S+P, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl, whisk chili powder + garlic powder + onion powder + cumin + cumin + S+P + srirach + lime juice + olive oil + water.
- Mix in cauliflower + chickpeas.
- Place cauliflower + chickpeas on a greased baking sheet. Spread evenly.
- Roast for 35 minutes. Stir the sheet every 6-8 minutes.
- While roasting, place Greek yogurt + lime juice + cilantro + S+P in a small bowl and whisk.
- Fill corn tortilla with cauliflower + chickpea mixture. Topping with cabbage + jalapeno + avocado + cilantro.
- Drizzle with cream.
- Eat the whole sheet of cauliflower (like we did)
Adapted from: http://www.twopeasandtheirpod.com/