GARRETT IS HOME!!! I repeat – GARRETT IS HOME. G is my strapping young fiance who just happens to be in the United States Army. We have spent a lot of time away from one another as of late. By golly is it the pits, but our hellos are wonderful! Especially when I greet him with food.
He has recently taken it upon himself to eat a strict paleo diet… I don’t agree with this or support it. Simply because I love bread more than most humans. But I decided to put my feelings aside and whip up something (almost) paleo.
Pasta & rice are my favorite things so I wanted to recreate a decadent pasta dish. I’ve also been craving shrimp but have been too poor to buy any. Luckily, mama got paid today! Thus, zucchini shrimp scampi was born.
It’s rich and light. Like, I have room to go get froyo later. AND I might have to be in a bathing suit tomorrow (Fourth of July) so I am feeling (almost) guiltless after this.
Enjoy you (almost) paleo freaks!
Time: 30 minutes (prep + cooking)
- 3 zucchini, sliced into thin ribbons
- 1 lb shrimp, cooked
- 1 shallot, diced
- 6-8 garlic cloves, diced
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 tbsp. butter
- 1 tsp. red pepper flakes
- S+P, to taste
- Parmigiano Reggiano, to taste
- French bread (optional) for soaking up the goodness
- Heat oil in a large pan over medium heat
- Add butter and let melt
- Add shallot + garlic, cook until fragrant
- Turn heat to high and add zucchini ribbons, cook until almost tender
- Add shrimp
- Add red pepper flakes + S+P
- Cook until zucchini is completely tender
- Turn heat to low, sprinkle with parm-reg, stir
- Serve piping hot!