Mondays are my favorite day of the week. I love them more than Zumba Wednesdays, Fun Fridays, Shopping Saturdays and Serenity Sundays. Why? Simple & obvious. THE BACHELORETTE. It’s comedic genius and one of the greatest shows ever created. I will stand by this statement until my dying breath.
I only ever order pizza on Monday nights. Chowing down on Papa John’s and guzzling wine while lounging in my yoga pants watching good looking twenty somethings search for reality television love? Euphoria.
I wanted pizza again tonight, but I spent a wee bit too much cash-ola this weekend. Whoops! I wanted a simple, fresh pie that didn’t require too many ingredients. Caprese (mozzarella, tomatoes, basil) things are super in currently. Some say overplayed, I say delectable!
Susan came over to watch Bach & we devoured the whole thing. (I, 6 six squares, she, a mere 4).
Fresh, simple & fairly quick. I made a balsamic reduction to drizzle over. (Literally, just reduce some balsamic vinegar). It really elevated the flavor. Now I’m sounding pretentious. Here’s the recipe.
Time: 40 (prep + cooking)
Feeds: two females
- 2 1/2 cups of grape tomatoes
- 8 oz. fresh mozzarella,
- 8 – 10 fresh basil leaves, roughly chopped or julienned
- Pizza dough, (I had store bought in the fridge, but make your own if you must outshine me)
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- S+P, to taste
- Balsamic Vinegar, reduced + cooled
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Arrange tomatoes on a baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil + S+P
- Roast for 20 minutes
- Remove tomatoes and let cool
- Roll out dough and cook according to package instructions
- Once dough is done, drizzle with olive oil + garlic
- Place mozzarella evenly around dough, add tomatoes, sprinkle with S+P
- Reduce oven heat to 350 degrees and cook pizza for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted
- Remove pizza from heat and sprinkle basil
- Drizzle with balsamic reduction
- Serve with a glass of wine & join me for the best part of the week – Bachelor Monday.
2 thoughts on “Caprese Pizza”
This was delicious. Filling but not heavy and a perfect accompaniment to the Bachelorette.
Caprese – one of my favorite flavors and a[nother] reason to make more pizza!