Very soon (11 days), I will say goodbye to my first big girl apartment. The singular hallway is lined with packing boxes waiting to be filled with the useless things I’ve collected over my few years of emerging adulthood. My 790 sq. ft. oasis will soon belong to a strange tenant. Then, in a few short months, I will make the trek to Seattle. WHAT am I getting myself into?
Tonight is especially heart-wrenching because I do believe I have made my last meal in this miserably tiny kitchen. Oh how I will miss having 0 counter space! I simply must start packing my dishes, silverware & pots & pans this weekend. It’s entirely plausible that I’ll be living off of microwaveable broccoli for the foreseeable future… So I had to go out with a bang!
Confession: I’ve never made brussels sprouts. I have consumed, but never cooked. My last cooking adventure in this abode had to be a challenge – so roast the buggers I did!
These majestic creatures charred up just right. Then slathered in a simple sriracha dressing (worthy of bathing in), and ZOMG. Needless to say, Cheryl & I ate the whole pan.
It was all delectable. The perfect way to bid farewell to the first place I ever paid for entirely by myself. I will almost miss you, first of the month rent!
Moment of silence for the big girl apartment.
Time: 30 minutes (prep + cooking)
- 1 lb. brussels sprouts
- 2 tbsp. olive oil (brussels sprouts)
- 2 tbsp. sriracha
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 1 tsp. olive oil (dressing)
- 1 tbsp. lime juice
- S+P, to taste
- 2 salmon filets
- 1/2 cup of dry white wine
- 1/2 cup of water
- 4 sprigs of thyme
- 1/2 cup of feta cheese
- S+P, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Peel, core and halve the brussels sprouts
- Add brussels sprouts to a bowl with olive oil + S+P, mix
- Spread brussels sprouts, core down, on an aluminum foil lined sheet & roast for 10 minutes
- Turn brussels sprouts on the other side and roast for another 10 minutes
- While roasting, combine sriracha + honey + oil + lime + S+P in a bowl
- After brussels sprouts are done, mix with the sriracha dressing
- Line them back on the sheet and broil for 3 minutes
- Heat wine + water in a skillet or large sauce pan over medium heat, cover
- To the salmon, add S+P + half the feta + thyme
- Once poaching liquid is boiling, slip in salmon and cover
- Cook for 15 minutes
- Remove & top with remaining feta
- Serve over brussels sprouts for a mouth explosion
3 thoughts on “Poached Feta Salmon + Sriracha Brussels Sprouts”
I love fish!!
Try Grilled Cod with Garlic and Chillies
Looks divine! I’ll have to try.