I just wrapped up 8 days of non-stop work. I mean, all day, all night working. Conference after endless conference. Banquet food & buffet lines galore. Though, I can’t complain. I was reminded this week how blessed I am to work and make the very small difference that I do.
Don’t get it twisted! I am elated to be done with rubber chicken and bleak baked ziti. I desperately craved fresh ingredients and a cool glass of wine. Luckily, I have both in abundance!
A simple din din with fresh, raw shrimp and roasted peppers & tomatoes. Combine it with your choice of carb & VOILA!
Tonight, I count my blessings. I have a job, I have a home (temporary, but who’s counting!), the most incredible humans, and the passion and palate for food.
My belly & my heart are happy little girls.
Time: 40 minutes (prep + cooking)
- 2 pints of grape tomatoes
- 4 garlic cloves, diced
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 lb. raw shrimp, peeled + deveined
- 1 cup roasted red bell peppers, chopped
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 4 oz. feta cheese
- 2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 package of angel hair pasta
- French bread
- S+P, to taste
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Combine tomatoes + garlic + olive oil + S+P in a baking dish
- Roast for 15 minutes
- Stir in shrimp + roasted bell peppers
- Bake 12 minutes (until shrimp is pink)
- While baking, cook pasta according to package directions
- Toss shrimp bake with feta + parsley + lemon juice + S+P
- Serve over pasta with additional carbs (bread)
- Wash down with a gallon of white wine & call it a day