Friday nights in mean two things: movies & yoga pants. It’s a scientific certainty. Movies & yoga pants are every emerging adult female’s most adored things. Throw in some wine and our heads might explode.
When hunkering down for a quiet weekend night, I like to wrap myself in coziness. Warm food = coziness. Even though it’s 835 degrees outside, I crave warmth.
I’ve made these puppies before and they have yet to disappoint. So easy & delicious. Even the weirdest of taste buds enjoy.
They are filling and warm without leaving you wanting to pop your stomach with a needle. (Am I the only one that ever feels this way…?)
Time to pour a glass of wine & turn on Pitch Perfect.
*Excuses herself to drown in her own estrogen*
Time: 30 minutes (prep + cooking)
- 3 medium/large sweet potatoes
- 1 clove of garlic, diced
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 can of black beans, rinsed
- 1 can of mexican corn
- 1/2 cup of mexican cheese
- 1/2 tbsp. cumin
- S+P, to taste
- Pierce each potato and microwave separately for 8 minutes (or bake for 50-60 minutes)
- Cut each potato down the middle, scoop majority of potato into a medium sized bowl
- Heat olive oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet
- Add garlic + onion, cook 3 minutes
- Add red pepper, cook another 2 minutes
- Add black beans + corn + cumin + S+P, cook for additional 5 minutes
- Combine mixture with sweet potato filling
- Fill each sweet potato with filling
- Sprinkle cheese evenly on each
- Broil for 3 minutes
- Serve with brown rice + extra filling