I’m house/dog sitting. I hate sitting on things. I was the girl who never babysat. Like, how on earth would anyone believe that I am qualified to watch their offspring? I feel the same way about canines and homes. I could set either on fire and I don’t need that on my conscience.
I’m just full of angst tonight. Where do I sit? Where do I sleep? What if the pooch digs a hole in the backyard and runs away? MY MIND NEVER STOPS.
I knew I had to cook to get my mind off all of the things I could ruin. I needed something with very few steps and only one burner – decreases risk of burning down the house!
This was more than perfect. One pot, one bowl and a handful of ingredients was all I needed. Light, fresh and utterly satisfying. I’ve got leftovers for lunch and dinner.
Plus side: They’ve got every channel I could ever dream of and about 8 bottles of red wine for the taking.
Time: 15 minutes (prep + cooking)
Serves: 4 – 6
- 1 box of campanelle pasta (or any pasta)
- 4 cups of arugula
- 1 can of cannellini beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 lemon, juice & zest
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1 cup of Parmiggiano-Reggiano
- S+P, to taste
- In a large pot, cook pasta according to package directions
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl combine arugula + beans + lemon juice + zest + olive oil + S+P
- Turn off heat, drain pasta and add butter + arugula mix into pot.
- Combine pasta + arugula mix + cheese in pot
- Eat for days!
3 thoughts on “Lemon + Arugula Campanelle”
I’m adding bits of chicken to this 🙂
Yum! Let me know how it is!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Sure dear 🙂