Name 5 things better than long weekends. I dare you. You will fail! Long, lazy, wine-filled Sundays. I want to wrap myself up in it all!
However, my horrible, good-for-nothing body woke up at 6:30 this morning. I had little to do but social media stalk and dinner daydream.
I hate to admit it, but I’ve never cooked or even tasted gnocchi (say it in Giada’s accent – it’s more fun). I’ve only ever seen it on the Food Network or restaurant menus.
With summer veggies still abundant, I thought it’d be nice to lighten up these heavy little dough balls of love. Decadent without wanting to explode – the best.
Roll around in the long weekend & these lil gnocchi!
Time: 25 minutes (prep + cooking)
- 1 lb. whole wheat potato gnocchi
- 2 medium summer squash, cut in thin rounds
- 2 ears of fresh corn
- 1 tbsp. of olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. of butter
- 1/4 cup of basil, julienned
- 1/4 cup of feta cheese
- 1/4 cup of fresh lemon juice
- S+P, to taste
- Cook gnocchi according to package directions
- In a large saute pan, heat oil + garlic + squash over medium-high heat until almost tender, about 4-5 minutes
- Add corn + S+P, cook for another 4 minutes
- Remove veggies from pan and add butter, let melt
- Add gnocchi to the pan and coat with the butter
- Add veggies + lemon juice + more S+P, cook for another 2 minutes
- Pour gnocchi into a bowl and add basil + feta
- Pour a glass of wine & enjoy!
3 thoughts on “Whole Wheat Gnocchi + Summer Veggies”
I’m trying the same recipe with potato Gnocchi, may I?
I imagine it will be only be BETTER with the non-whole wheat stuff. 🙂 Enjoy!
LikeLiked by 1 person