I’ve said it before & I will say it again – I love stuffing crap in tortillas. Call it a taco, call it a quesadilla. I will devour.
This was the weirdest idea I’d had in a while. Brussels sprouts as the meat of a taco? I need to be in a straight jacket.
I was cooking for Cher, as I do most Friday nights, and I ran the idea across her. Thank God for a BFF who will try anything once.
They were absolutely glorious. Spicy, rich and utterly sinful. Plus, brussels sprouts are just the freaking bomb.
By all means, stuff some crap in a tortilla tonight!
Serves: 2 hungry chicks
Time: 45 minutes (prep + cooking)
- 1 lb of brussels sprouts, peeled + halved
- 1 can of black beans, drained + rinsed
- 1 bunch of cilantro
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 package of small corn tortillas
- 3 tbsp. of olive oil
- Sriracha, to taste
- 1 tbsp. of honey
- 1 tsp. of cumin
- 1 avocado
- 1 cup of greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp. of lime juice
- S+P, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and spray a baking sheet
- Add brussels sprouts to a bowl and combine with desired sriracha + honey + 1 tbsp. of olive oil + S+P
- Place brussels sprouts on sheet core down and roast for 25 minutes, flipping halfway through
- While roasting, combine black beans + cumin + S+P in a bowl, mash slightly
- In another bowl combine avocado + greek yogurt + lime juice + S+P (this is your crema)
- Once roasting is done, heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat and add two tortillas
- Fill tortillas with black bean mixture and fold, fry on each side for 2-3 minutes or until crispy
- Remove from heat and add brussels sprouts + onion + cilantro + crema + more sriracha
- Continue until you’ve run out of sprouts
- Roll around in the decadence
Loosely adapted from: http://www.seeyouinthemorning.com/2012/04/crispy-brussels-sprout-black-bean-tacos.html
9 thoughts on “Brussels Sprout Tacos”
I made these the other night, they were perfect! I really love your blog Rachel! You have all kinds of original recipes to try! If you still lived in memphis I would hire you to cook
For me. AOT & all that jazzzzz
Casey, you made my whole day!!! Those tacos are one of my best creations. I’m glad someone else liked them! Thank you for reading – you are a doll baby. LOVE YA!
Thanks for the like! These tacos look fantastic! I LOVE Brussels sprouts, so call me crazy as well. If you don’t mind, I’ll try adapting this recipe for a vegan diet, so I can try them!
Yay thanks for reading! Please let me know how the vegan version turns out 🙂
Woah! We are obsessed with brussels sprouts, and we love tacos. Ingenious! My husband will be thrilled. Thanks for sharing 🙂
Wow! Thanks so much for the shout out! This dish looks divine. 🙂