IT’S ALMOST HERE!!!!! Fall, y’all. Time to drown in pumpkin spice lattes and overpriced sweaters. I’m ecstatic.
There is no better season – don’t argue. The leaves, the clothes, THE FOOD.
Y’all know I want to die by drowning in a vat of risotto. When I fold in pumpkin, though….. GAME CHANGER. I no longer want to die, I want to live so I can eat it until I die.
I’m not making sense. A lot of red wine. Doesn’t matter. You get the gist. Eat this.
Time: 1 hour (prep + cooking)
Serves: 4 as a main
- 2 cups of arborio rice
- 1 medium white onion, diced
- 2 tbsp. of olive oil
- 1/4 cup of dry white wine
- 6 cups of vegetable stock
- 4-6 cups of packed spinach leaves
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 can of pureed pumpkin
- 1 tbsp. of butter
- 1/4 cup of parmigiano-reggiano
- 1 tbsp. of nutmeg
- 1 tsp. of ground sage
- S+P, to taste
- Heat vegetable stock in a small saucepan over medium heat
- Heat 1 tbsp. of oil + garlic in a skillet over medium heat, cook until fragrant
- Add spinach leaves and saute for 3-5 minutes
- Remove skillet from heat
- In a large pot on medium-high heat, add 1 tbsp. of olive oil + onion and cook until fragrant
- Turn heat to low-medium, add arborio rice, stir
- Stir in wine
- Add one ladle full of stock, stir and cook until almost absorbed
- Continue slowly adding stock until rice is tender, stir constantly
- Once rice is tender and cooked through, add pumpkin + stir
- Add butter + parm-reg + nutmeg + sage
- Add spinach back the pot, stir to combine, season with S+P to taste
- Serve with a tad more parm+reg & EAT