Sweater weather is upon us & oh how I hope it never leaves. To celebrate, I knew I’d make a mountain of potatoes for dinner.
I’m so grateful God created a healthy(ish) potato option for us carb-loving humans.
This pan of glory is very similar to my stuffed sweet potatoes. Just a tad easier to curl up with on the couch & devour.
Feel free to play around with the veggies. Add whatever your little hearts desire!
Easy, breezy, delectable, potato girl. <— New tagline, me thinks.
Time: 30 minutes (prep + cooking)
- 3 large sweet potatoes, peeled + cut in chunks
- 1 white onion, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeno, diced
- 1 can of mexican corn
- 1 can of black beans
- 2 tbsp. of olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. of nutmeg
- 2 tsp. of cumin
- Cilantro, for serving
- Mexican cheese, for serving
- S+P, to taste
- Heat 1 tbsp. of olive oil in a large skillet over high heat and add potatoes + nutmeg + S+P
- Cook for 10-12 minutes stirring often, until fork tender
- While potatoes cook, heat 1 tbsp. of olive oil in a different skillet over medium-high heat
- Add garlic + onions, cook until fragrant
- Add pepper + jalapeno, cook for 2-3 minutes
- Add corn + black beans + 1 tsp. of cumin + S+P, cook for additional 2-3 minutes
- Add veggies to the potato skillet once potatoes are done cooking
- Add 1 tsp. of cumin + S+P, cook for additional 2-3 minutes
- Serve with a sprinkle of cheese + cilantro