October – the very best month of the year. This October, however, is especially special. It is the month I wed another human being.
I really can’t believe I’m old enough to be married. Alas! Here we are.
This is yet another attempt to be skinny/squeeze into the unbearably tight dress I chose.
So light, fresh and guilt free. There’s not even any cheese in there!!!!! (Feta would be a delightful addition, though)
It then became a panzanella – versatility!!!!
Time: 1 hour (prep + cooking)
- 2 cans cannellini beans, drained
- 1 red onion, cut in chunks
- 1 red pepper, cut in chunks
- 1 yellow pepper, cut in chunks
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 package of spinach
- 2 tbsp. of olive oil
- 2 tbsp. of balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp. of lemon juice
- 1 tsp. of dried basil
- S+P, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Combine peppers + onion + garlic + 1 tbsp. olive oil + S+P
- Spread veggies on lined baked sheet and roast for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally
- While roasting, heat 1 tbsp. of olive oil over medium-high heat and add spinach, saute until for 3-4 minutes
- In a large bowl, combine beans + roasted veggies + spinach + lemon juice + balsamic vinegar + S+P
- Put in refrigerator and let chill for 20 minutes
- Serve with lots of crusty breads
2 thoughts on “Cannellini Bean Salad”
I can’t wait to try this. Congratulations on your nuptials.
Thank you! & thanks for reading. 🙂