We have officially entered full-fledged panic mode. This wedding might actually be my downfall. I feel like I’ve had about 83 cardiac arrhythmias in the last 24 hours.
I know once I’m in my dress, looking fine (duh) and I see Garr – it’ll all be worth it. Currently, though, it feels like I’m paying an inordinate amount of money to have people dance and eat with me.
After lifting every couch cushion in the house to search for extra cash money, I decided to drown my financial sorrows in pasta.
Pasta 10 days before my wedding?!?! I have a death wish, I’m aware. It was just too comforting to resist.
Oh & I have leftovers for days so……
Time: 50 minutes (prep + cooking)
- 1 lb. of pasta shells
- 1 medium butternut squash
- 2 large white onions, sliced thin
- 1 red pepper, sliced thin
- 3 cups of packed spinach
- 1 tsp. of nutmeg
- 1 tsp. of rosemary
- 1 cup of parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup of bread crumbs or crusty bread
- 2 tbsp. of olive oil
- S+P, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Peel and dice squash
- Put squash into a microwave safe bowl, cover tightly with plastic wrap and microwave for 12 minutes
- Let cool slightly and gently mash the squash, add nutmeg and set aside
- Cook pasta until just under al dente, reserving a cup of cooking water
- In a large skillet heat olive oil over medium-high heat
- Add onion + rosemary + S+P, let cook for 5 minutes
- Add pepper and cook for another 3 minutes
- Add spinach + S+ Pand cook until slightly wilted
- Add squash + cooking water, stir and simmer for 3-5 more minutes until combined
- Combine pasta + squash mixture + 1/2 cup of parmesan + S+P
- Transfer to greased baking dish
- Top with remaining cheese + bread crumbs
- Bake for 12-13 minutes or until cheese is melted and golden
- Serve hot and top with extra cheese and love