Oh what a whirlwind it’s been! Married Saturday. Moved across the country Monday. Transitioning to military life. Job interviews. Unpacking. Cleaning. (OMG I sound like a wife)
So many ginormous life changes colliding at one time. I haven’t had a chance to catch my breath or COOK!!!
Not that stuffed peppers are culinary genius or anything, but it felt blissful to chop up some crap.
I rarely cook meat, but the husband (I can’t) is a carnivore so I am TRYING here.
Easy, spicy, filling – what more can I ask for?
A lil wedding sneak from our fab photographer, Lindsey Steff Photography.
Serves: 2 hungry kittens
Time: 35 minutes (prep + cooking)
- 3 large bell peppers, halved
- 1 lb. of lean, ground turkey
- 1 white onion, diced
- 2 tbsp. of taco seasoning
- 1 can of black beans
- 1 can of corn
- 1 cup of shredded Cheddar Jack cheese
- 2 tbsp. of olive oil
- S+P, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Place pepper halves in a baking dish, drizzle with 1 tbsp. olive oil, bake for 15 minutes
- While peppers are baking, heat 1 tbsp. of olive oil in a cast iron skillet over medium-high heat
- Add onion and cook until soft
- Add turkey + S+P, cook until turkey is completely cooked
- Add taco seasoning and stir to combine
- Add black beans + corn, stir and let cook for another 5 minutes
- Stuff cooled pepper halves with turkey mixture and top with cheese
- Broil until cheese is bubbly, melty goodness
- Serve hot!
Adapted from: http://www.tablefortwoblog.com/stuffed-peppers/