This is the first time I haven’t had a job since I was 15. I don’t really know what to do with my hands during all of this free time.
Wait, yes I do – TELEVISION!!!!!!!!!
In between job applications, researching how to work for myself and meal planning, I have rekindled the very serious relationship I once had with fictional TV characters.
For example, today I re-watched the Grey’s Anatomy season 8 finale. YOU KNOW WHAT EPISODE I’M TALKING ABOUT.
Thus, making it completely acceptable to drown my sorrows in this piping hot skillet full of gnocchi.
Time: 25 minutes (prep + cooking)
- 1 lb of whole wheat gnocchi
- 5 links of chicken sausage (spicy jalapeno variety used here), cut in chunks
- 1 pint of grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup of spinach leaves
- 2 tbsp. of basil, chiffonaded (is that a word?)
- 1 tsp. of crushed red pepper
- 1 tbsp. of olive oil
- S+P, to taste
- Grated parmesan for serving
- Cook gnocchi according to package directions
- While gnocchi is cooking, heat olive oil in a cast iron skillet over medium heat
- Cook chicken sausage for 3-5 minutes or until browned
- Add tomatoes + S+P and cook until slightly blistered
- Add gnocchi and cook for another 2 minutes
- Add spinach + red pepper + S+P and cook until slightly wilted
- Remove skillet from heat and fold in basil
- Top with extra basil + cheese!!!!!
Idea came from this: http://www.thekitchn.com/recipe-gnocchi-skillet-with-sausage-amp-tomatoes-recipes-from-the-kitchn-206429
2 thoughts on “Gnocchi Skillet”
This looks great! I have always wanted to try my hand at making gnocchi from scratch.
This looks really good. I always have extra little tomatoes to use up. I will have to try this recipe.