Perhaps the best part of getting married are all of the stellar kitchen appliances I added to our collection.
The best one? This stunning food processor. I feel like Ina every time I pulse something.
Before my precious, I was subjected to making pesto in a blender. What a tragedy.
Now I get to process all of the things. I mean, it has 3 different blade options!!!
I’m in a food processor induced euphoria & I never want to leave.
Time: 45 minutes (prep + cooking)
Serves: 2 with plenty for seconds or leftovers
- 1/2 cup of walnuts
- 2 cups of basil leaves
- 3 tbsp. of garlic, minced
- 1 cup of olive oil
- 1/2 cup of grated parmesan
Pasta + Brussels Sprouts + Chicken Sausage
- 1 lb. of pasta (orecchiette seen here)
- 1 lb. of brussels sprouts
- 4-5 links of chicken sausage (garlic + herb flavored here), cut in chunks
- 1 tbsp. of garlic
- Sriracha, to taste
- 1 tbsp. of honey
- 2 tbsp. of olive oil
- S+P, to taste
- Parmesan for serving
- For the pesto, combine walnuts + 3 tbsp. of garlic in a food processor. Pulse for about 20 seconds.
- Add basil + some S+P, process on low
- While processing, slowly add in the olive oil through that neat tube in the processor until the pesto is pureed
- Add cheese and puree some more! About a minute.
- For the brussels sprouts, roast them like I did here (maybe a few minutes less)
- Cook pasta according to package directions
- While cooking, heat 1 tbsp. of of olive oil + 1 tbsp. of garlic over medium heat
- Add sausage and let brown
- Add roasted brussels sprouts to the sausage pan and let cook for another 2-3 minutes
- Once drained, put pasta back into the pot and add the pesto
- Add sausage + brussels sprouts + S+P to the pasta pot and combine
- Serve hot & with a sprinkle of more cheese – you will not be sorry
Adapted from this place: http://www.gimmesomeoven.com/pesto-pasta-with-chicken-sausage-roasted-brussels-sprouts/
5 thoughts on “Pesto Pasta + Brussels Sprouts”
The pasta looks great! How cool is it to blog about new gadgets you received as wedding gifts?!?!?
It’s surreal! I’m loving using all of them!
I look forward to seeing more posts then… 😉
LikeLiked by 1 person
Wedding kitchen gifts are the best, I’m already jealous of that food processor😖
It’s the best thing that’s happened to my kitchen. Thanks for reading!