Bacon makes me miss home. It reminds me of my BFF and my family and dinner time and just home.
As soon as I heard that familiar sizzle, I burst into tears. Garrett was v confused but held me anyways. What a guy.
My best friend loved bacon before bacon was a fad. She was lovingly known as the bacon gal within our circle of friends.
Ironic because she no longer eats meat at all, but that’s beside the point! I still equate bacon with Cheryl which makes me think of home which makes me think of my parents, etc, etc. Cue waterworks.
A big bowl of pork + beans made me feel a bit better, though.
Time: 30 minutes (prep + cooking)
- 2 cans of cannellini beans, washed & drained
- 8-10 slices of bacon, cut in bite size chunks
- 2 cups of packed spinach
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tbsp. of garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. of crushed red pepper
- 1 tbsp. of olive oil
- S+P, to taste
- Heat olive oil in a cast iron skillet over medium heat
- Add bacon and cook for 10-15 minutes depending on how crispy you like it
- Put bacon on a paper towel lined plate
- Add onion + garlic to the same skillet and cook until fragrant and soft
- Add beans + S+P to the skillet and warm through, about 2-3 minutes
- Add spinach + S+P + red pepper and cook until wilted
- Add the bacon back to the skillet and let warm for another minute
- Cuddle up & eat it while it’s hot!
One thought on “Cannellini Beans + Bacon”
LikeLiked by 1 person