In a past life, my ultimate guilty pleasure was a meatball sub.
Like, not just two pieces of bread with meatballs in the middle – a SUB.
Imagine how graceful & lady like I looked stuffing one of those bad boys in my mouth.
Garrett is always perplexed when I serve a meatless dinner. Will he get full? Will he not? I think he ate 11 of these. Maybe a beanball record.
Play your cards right & you might be able to trick your friends into thinking these are full of animal!
Time: 40 minutes (prep + cooking) | Serves: 4
- 2 cans of cannellini beans, drained + rinsed
- 1 red pepper, roasted
- 1 onion, grated
- 2 tbsp. of garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. of oregano
- 2 tsp. of italian seasoning
- 1 tsp. of dried basil leaves
- 1 tsp. of crushed red pepper
- 1/4 cup of grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup of Italian breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- S+P, to taste
- Spaghetti, cooked according to package directions
- 1 jar of marinara sauce
- Basil, for serving
- Parmesan cheese, for serving
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a food processor, add beans + red pepper. Pulse until almost pureed
- In a mixing bowl, combine beans + onion + garlic + oregano + italian seasoning + basil leaves + crushed red pepper + parmesan cheese + breadcrumbs + egg + S+P. Thoroughly combine
- Using a cookie scoop, form balls with the mixture and place on a lined baking sheet
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until browned
- Warm marinara sauce in a sauce pan
- Dunk beanballs in marinara & serve over warm spaghetti with fresh basil + cheese!
Idea from here : http://www.cookincanuck.com/2011/11/cannellini-bean-vegetarian-meatballs-with-tomato-sauce-recipe/