Fruit is my least favorite of the foods. They are bitter, cold, and impossible to get full from.
Like, for the hell of it, I bought some grapes a couple of weeks ago. They sat in the fridge & grew something green. I just can’t do it.
I like orange juice? Does that count?
I can also stand them covered in cheese & bacon. I could probably stand a sock covered in cheese & bacon, though.
Make this pizza & get your fruit intake for the week.
Time: 35 minutes (prep + cooking) | Serves: 4 (Makes 2 pizzas)
- 2 pizza doughs
- 1 granny smith apple, thinly sliced
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup of packed arugula
- 8-10 slices of bacon, cut in chunks
- 8-10 ounces of mozzarella cheese
- 1 tbsp. of lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. of olive oil
- S+P, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Heat a tbsp. of olive oil in a skillet over medium heat
- Add onions + S+P to the skillet and let caramelize, about 15-20 minutes
- In a cast iron skillet, heat the other tbsp. of olive oil over medium-high heat
- Add bacon and cook to desired crispness
- Put pizza dough on a greased cookie sheet and add half of the apple slices + onion + arugula + lemon juice + S+P + bacon + mozzarella (in that order)
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until cheese is melted and crust is golden brown
- Repeat with other pizza dough
8 thoughts on “Apple + Arugula + Bacon Pizza”
Yum!! This looks delicious! I’m going to have to try this.
You must! Let me know what you think 🙂 Thanks for reading!
Another glorious read! I completely adore your commentary on fruit & I’ll definitely be sharing this one with my family of unadulterated carnivores. “Make this pizza & get your fruit intake for the week.” PREACH.
Whoa! This looks insane. I love apples, cheese, and bacon together. I’m so glad you can appreciate how good that combo is.
It was absolutely divine. Thanks for reading!
Like like like. Wish we could keep clicking on like. This looks Devine!
OMG I just died. Three of my favorites in one !? !