Fruit is my least favorite of the foods. They are bitter, cold, and impossible to get full from.
Like, for the hell of it, I bought some grapes a couple of weeks ago. They sat in the fridge & grew something green. I just can’t do it.
I like orange juice? Does that count?
I can also stand them covered in cheese & bacon. I could probably stand a sock covered in cheese & bacon, though.
Make this pizza & get your fruit intake for the week.
Time: 35 minutes (prep + cooking) | Serves: 4 (Makes 2 pizzas)
- 2 pizza doughs
- 1 granny smith apple, thinly sliced
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup of packed arugula
- 8-10 slices of bacon, cut in chunks
- 8-10 ounces of mozzarella cheese
- 1 tbsp. of lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. of olive oil
- S+P, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Heat a tbsp. of olive oil in a skillet over medium heat
- Add onions + S+P to the skillet and let caramelize, about 15-20 minutes
- In a cast iron skillet, heat the other tbsp. of olive oil over medium-high heat
- Add bacon and cook to desired crispness
- Put pizza dough on a greased cookie sheet and add half of the apple slices + onion + arugula + lemon juice + S+P + bacon + mozzarella (in that order)
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until cheese is melted and crust is golden brown
- Repeat with other pizza dough