Turkey is heinous. It is the worst of the meats. Don’t argue. It’s a fact.
We settled on a Mexican Fiesta Feast for our first married Thanksgiving.
Y’all, I even impressed myself with the mass quantities of food I was able to put together in mere hours.
All I needed was an apron to complete the look of perfect wife. *toots own horn*
The mammoth enchilada seen with chicken + corn tacos, roasted brussels sprouts, & homemade Mexican rice. Not pictured: boxed red wine.
Time: 45 minutes (prep + cooking) | Serves: 8 enchiladas
- 8 whole wheat enchilada size tortillas
- 1 sweet potato, peeled + chunked
- 1 lb. of chorizo
- 1 jalapeno, diced
- 2 tbsp. of garlic, minced
- 1 jar of enchilada sauce
- 2 cups of shredded cheese, hot pepper style used here
- 1 tbsp. of olive oil
- S+P, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Heat olive oil over high heat in a large, nonstick skillet
- Add sweet potato + jalapeno + garlic + S+P, cook until potatoes are soft, 10-15 minutes
- Add chorizo and cook completely, about 5-7 minutes
- Scoop 1/8 of the mixture into a tortilla with a pinch of cheese & roll
- Place each enchilada in a greased baking dish or lined baking sheet, putting them tightly together
- Top enchiladas with enchilada sauce and remaining cheese
- Bake for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and golden brown
Idea came from: http://www.budgetbytes.com/2011/02/chorizo-sweet-potato-enchiladas/