Hallelujah. Praise Jesus. It’s finally December.
Basic moment, but I effing love Christmas. The meaning, the smells, the colors, the happy people, the layers of clothes to hide my winter fupa. It’s all so blissful.
Best of all, I get to be home with my family. I am oozing giddiness.
My crab cakes have nothing to do with Christmas, I just felt equally as giddy that they turned out so well.
Oh I know! Feed these to your family at Christmas… see I made it tie together.
Time: 1 hour (prep + cooking) | Serves: 7-8 sliders
- 1/2 lb of jumbo lump crab meat
- 20 saltine crackers, crushed but not finely ground
- 1/2 cup of mayonnaise (I found some Sriracha mayo & it was divine)
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp. of Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp. of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. of hot sauce or Sriracha
- 1/2 tsp. of crushed red pepper
- S+P, to taste
- Olive oil, for cooking
- Toasted slider buns
- In a bowl, combine crab + cracker crumbs
- In another bowl, combine mayo + egg + mustard + Worcestershire + hot sauce + red pepper + S+P until smooth
- Fold crab into mayo mixture
- Cover and let chill for 30 minutes
- Heat olive oil in a cast iron skillet over medium-high heat
- Pack crab into small patties and gently slide into pan, no more than 4 patties at a time
- Let cook for 4 minutes before flipping to the other side, cook for another 3-4 or until browned to your liking
- Repeat and serve on toasted slider buns with your favorite remoulade
- Impress the world with your skills