I was the pickiest eating child in the universe. Chicken tenders, macaroni & cheese, & Dunkaroos were my diet staples.
I’d probably have 18 clogged arteries if it weren’t for those darn Flinstone Gummies I was force fed – lifesavers, I tell you.
One time, my dad decided he was sick of making me different meals every night so he put a hamburger on my plate… The AUDACITY! You would have thought he put a grilled kitten in front of me. I kicked & screamed & cried & there might have been a rolling around on the floor scene. I’m fuzzy on the details.
If you would have told my 8-year-old self I’d one day be eating artichokes & squash that wishes it was spaghetti, I would have fainted.
Don’t feed this to your kids – they won’t eat it.
Time: 1 hour (prep + cooking) | Serves: 2 (2 halves)
- 1 spaghetti squash, halved + seeded
- 1 cup of water
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tbsp of garlic, minced
- 1 cup of low fat cream cheese
- 1/2 cup of grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup of marinated artichokes
- 1 cup of spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup of shredded mozzarella
- 1 tbsp. of olive oil
- S+P, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Pour water into a baking dish and add squash, face up, to the dish
- Roast for 35 minutes or until fork tender
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in a large skillet
- Add onion + garlic, cook until tender, about 6 minutes
- Add cream cheese + parmesan, cook until smooth and combined
- Add artichokes + spinach + S+P, cook until spinach is wilted
- Stuff mixture into each squash halve, stirring to combine with spaghetti squash strings
- Sprinkle each with equal amounts of mozzarella
- Broil for 4-5 minutes or until cheese is melted and golden brown
- Dig in!