I’ve always considered myself incredibly lucky to have a man who doesn’t play video games.
Garr bought a gaming console once. It froze up the next the day & he took it as a sign from God that he wasn’t meant to play so he returned it.
I thought that we were in the video game clear after marriage. Until he came home last week with an Xbox under his arm. He’s claimed his friend let him borrow it… Because boys always let other boys play with their toys.
I’m not actually annoyed. I do have a pretty extensive background with the Nascar game on the first PlayStation so I’ve enjoyed the driving game. I drive around town & run people over & carjack fools. It’s nice.
I made this for some boys while they threw grenades at each other.
Time: 40 minutes (prep + cooking) | Serves: 3
- 1 package of pasta
- 1 lb. of brussels sprouts, peeled + halved
- 1 red onion, chopped thick
- 8 slices of bacon, cut in chunks
- 1/4 cup of sriracha
- 1 tbsp. of honey
- 1 tsp. of garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp. of butter
- 1/2 cup of spicy shredded cheese, (hot pepper used here)
- 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tbsp. of olive oil
- S+P, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Toss brussels sprouts + onion + sriracha + honey + garlic + S+P together in a bowl
- Lay on a lined baking sheet + roast for 30 minutes, tossing in the middle of cook time
- While roasting, heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat
- Add bacon + cook until desired crispiness
- While veggies roast + bacon cooks, cook pasta according to package directions + strain
- Add pasta back to pot + add butter + half of the spicy cheese
- Add bacon + a tbsp. of the bacon grease
- Add veggies + rest of spicy cheese + parmesan + S+P
- Serve hot + rub leftovers on body
Idea came from: http://www.gimmesomeoven.com/brussels-sprouts-bacon-and-pepperjack-macaroni-and-cheese/