Christmas is about Jesus & traditions. Both of which I love dearly.
The adult Christmas tradition you all should begin this year is that of Mexican food & margaritas.
Christmas Eve, gather your troops & head to the shadiest Mexican restaurant you can find.
Once there, order every generic menu item they have. Quesadillas, tacos, burritos, chimichangas, the works! Also, 4 pitchers of margaritas.
Let the family fun/drama ensue! My Mexican Chili was a warm up for the festivities.
Time: 30 minutes (prep + cooking) | Serves: 3-4
- 3 cans/ears of corn (spicy kinds if you dig that)
- 2 cans of refried black beans
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 bell peppers, chopped
- 1 tbsp. of garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. of crushed red pepper
- 1 tsp. of chili powder
- 1 tbsp. of cumin
- S+P, to taste
- 1 tbsp. of olive oil
- Pepper jack cheese
- Cilantro, for serving
- Tortilla chips, for serving
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- In a large, cast iron skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat
- Add onion + peppers + S+P, cook until soft, about 6 minutes
- Add garlic + cook for another minute
- Add corn + heat through, about 3 minutes
- Add refried black beans + crushed red pepper + chili powder + cumin + S+P
- Stir well to combine everything, adjust seasoning to taste
- Top skillet with cheese + bake for 10 minutes
- Remove + top with cilantro + serve with chips
- Curl up + eat until you explode