Happy New Year!!!!!! I had the most glorious two weeks & I hope all of you did, too. I spent mine with family, friends, dranks, and a whole hell of a lot of food.
Seriously, the moment the plane landed, I was off & running for some french fries. A bottomless pit, I tell you.
The only vegetable I had the whole trip were some fried brussels sprouts. Does that count?
Also, there was more red wine consumed on this trip than in most of 2014 & I am feeling like a CHAMP.
Now my detox begins & these baked fritters were the perfect start to 2015. Cheers, my fellow chubbos!
Time: 1 hour (prep + cooking) | Serves: 5-7 fritters
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled + grated
- 2 medium zucchini, grated
- 1 tbsp. of butter
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp. of cajun seasoning
- 1 tsp. of crushed red pepper
- 2 tbsp. of all-purpose flour
- 2-3 tbsp. of parmesan cheese, grated
- S+P, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees + line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil
- In a medium bowl, whisk together butter + egg
- Add cajun seasoning + crushed red pepper + S+P, whisk
- Add flour, whisk
- Add grated sweet potato + zucchini, combine
- Add cheese, combine
- Form mixture into thin patties and place onto baking sheet
- Bake for 20-25 minutes
- Carefully flip these, they’re runny so be careful!, + bake for another 20 minutes
- Remove + let sit for 5-6 minutes
- Serve hot with your favie spicy mustard & dig in!
Adapted from these: http://www.averiecooks.com/2012/09/baked-chipotle-sweet-potato-and-zucchini-fritters.html