It’s time, friends. Time I get back on the grind that is work. Time to get up & put on skirts instead of leggings. Time to send e-mails as opposed to getting them from only Papa John’s. It’s time.
I will miss watching Netflix & doing yoga all day. Rolling around on the floor with Topanga & running to Target whenever I get the urge to browse the sweaters.
There’s a certain monotony in a 9-5 that is surprisingly comforting. Like a lil blanket of knowing what each day is going to hold.
Another perk: I get to go shopping for new “work clothes” this weekend – woo hoo!
I made some stupid good spaghetti carbonara to celebrate my re-emergence as an emerging adult.
Time: 45 minutes (prep + cooking) | Serves: 4
- 1 lb. of whole wheat pasta
- 6-8 strips of bacon, cut in chunks
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup of skim milk
- 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese, grated + more for serving
- 1 tsp. of crushed red pepper
- 1 tbsp. of butter
- 1 tbsp. of basil + more for serving
- S+P, to taste
- Cook pasta in a pot of boiling, salted water, strain + set aside
- Cook bacon in a dry skillet over medium heat until desired crispiness
- Add onion + S+P to the skillet + cook for another 3-5 minutes
- In a bowl, whisk together eggs + milk + cheese + crushed red pepper + some P
- Add pasta + butter back to the hot pot it boiled in, with the heat on low-medium, stir it to ensure it doesn’t stick
- Slowly add in the egg mixture, stirring constantly
- Once noodles are coated, add bacon + onions + basil
- Serve piping hot with extra basil + cheese + melt away in the decadence