To enter the close friend arena of mine, you’ve gotta do one, simple thing. You must like sad crap.
Music, movies, TV, books, everything. The more sorrow, the better. If a book, movie or song won’t make me cry, I honestly want no part of it.
My closest friendships have been forged over a heartbreaking song or a gut-wrenching movie. These people GET ME.
I’m not alone in this melancholy thinking, either. A study just came out revealing that people who prefer sad things are actually healthier because they are able to empathize with others. So harumph!
I made this ridiculously delicious pizza while binge watching Parenthood (A+ for tears, btw).
Time: 1 hour (prep + cooking) | Serves: 2 pizzas
- 2 cooked pizza doughs
- 1 can of garbanzo beans, rinsed + drained
- 1 jar of hot wing sauce
- 1 cup of pepper jack cheese, shredded
- 1 cup of arugula
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 tbsp. of cilantro
- S+P, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- In a bowl, combine garbanzo beans + 1/2 cup of wing sauce + S+P
- Lay beans in an even layer on a lined baking sheet
- Roast for 20-25 minutes + set aside
- On the first pizza dough, add another 1/2 cup of wing sauce
- Add half the pepper jack cheese + arugula + onion + pepper + chickpeas
- Bake for 6-8 minutes or until cheese is melted
- Repeat with the second pizza dough
- Top each pizza with cilantro
- Have 911 on speed dial cause this ish is so hot it’ll melt your face off
Idea came from about 100 variations of this on Pinterest, but this one specifically: http://veganyackattack.com/2014/07/22/buffalo-chickpea-ranch-pizza/