I have lots of really obsessive, irrational fears and phobias. Like, a lot. To name a solid few: earthquakes, elevators, all non-sunny weather events, buildings that look like they might collapse on me, etc.
I mean, I am a certified whack job. I like safe, organized activities with little to no chance of death or destruction.
Most people are afraid of heights, snakes, roller coasters – nope, not me! Name an event I have no control over & I will obsess about it until I break out in hives! I’m really fun, I swear.
All to say, I wasted no time revealing to my new co-workers what a loon I am. I made sure to ask what the protocol is in case of a fire or earthquake.
Then I came home & whipped up this pan of pretties.
Time: 25 minutes (prep + cooking) | Serves: 4 -6 sandwiches
- 1 can of kidney beans, drained + rinsed
- 1 can of black beans, drained + rinsed
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tbsp. of olive oil
- 12 oz. can of tomato sauce
- 6 oz. can of tomato paste
- 1 tbsp. of garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp. of Worchesteshire sauce
- 1 tbsp. of apple cider vinegar
- 3 tbsp. of hot sauce, give or take depending if you like heat
- 1 tsp. of garlic salt
- 1 tsp. of onion salt
- 1 tsp. of dried basil
- 1 tsp. of crushed red pepper
- 1 tbsp. of chili powder
- S+P, to taste
- Toasted buns, for serving
- Cheese, for serving
- Tortilla chips, for serving + scooping
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat
- Add onion + S+P, cook until soft about 4 minutes
- Add beans + let warm, about 2 minutes
- Add all other ingredients + S+P
- Stir + let simmer for about 5 minutes or until mixture is thick & not overly creamy
- Serve on a toasted bun with a lil cheese
- Leave no bite left uneaten
Idea came from about 30 different recipes on Pinterest. Just my take!