Sometimes I forget that not all humans have the taste buds of 1,000 flaming suns like I do.
I don’t think about others when I’m cooking. I’m an only child, like, it’s not my fault. Call me inconsiderate, I don’t care.
I slaved away last night making this delicious, homemade sauce. Garrett takes a couple of bites & raves about how tasty it is. THEN. He leans back in his chair, wipes his forehead, & says, “Woah, it’s hot. I need to take a break.”
A break?! From my dinner?!?!?! I love him to death, but I swear I wanted to throw noodles directly at his face.
Marriage is compromise yada yada, but I’m not wavering on my meals. So if your tongue is a man, like mine, please enjoy my spectacular sauce.
Time: 40 minutes (prep + cooking) | Serves: 2-3
- 1 package of pasta
- 2 red peppers
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1/3 cup of parmesan cheese + more for serving
- 1 tbsp. of olive oil
- 1 tbsp. of crushed red pepper
- 1 tbsp. of honey
- 1/4 cup of vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp. of basil, chopped + more for serving
- S+P, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain + set aside
- Place peppers directly on oven rack, turning every 5-6 minutes for 20-25 minutes
- Remove from the oven + wipe away black skin with a paper towel
- In a food processor, combine red peppers + onion + garlic + 2 tbsp. of cheese + S+P
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat
- Add red pepper mix + crushed red pepper to the skillet + bring to a simmer
- Add broth + honey + another tbsp. of cheese + basil + S+P, bring back to a simmer
- Add pasta to skillet + remaining cheese, toss
- Serve hot with more cheese + basil + have a glass of water handy because this ish is WARM