Apartment living is …. cozy. There are some positives. For example, it only take 5 minutes to heat or cool the place. About 3 to deep clean all surfaces, floors, & crevices. & I can see if an intruder is present from any & all vantage points.
Negatives: There is only one walk way to the kitchen & I almost have to turn sideways to maneuver through. SHARING A CLOSET WITH A BOY SO GROSS. & the worst of all – our pathetic excuse for a kitchen.
There are approximately two counters. Or squares that act as counters. I don’t have enough space for my pots & pans so I have some stacked under various Cheez-Its & tortilla chip bags in the pantry. Oh & two adult humans can’t fit comfortably at the same time. It’s nice, really.
I’m not complaining. One day we’ll look back & remember all the romantic nights we drank $2.50 wine & swayed (it’s not dancing if you don’t have room to twirl) to melancholy indie music.
But because I am so full of talent, I am still able to create masterpieces in my shoebox of a kitchen.
Time: 1 hour (prep + cooking) | Serves: 4
- 1 package of wonton wrappers
- 2 cups of fresh spinach, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups of ricotta cheese
- 1 cup of parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of italian breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp. of crushed red pepper
- 1/2 tsp. of dried basil leaves
- 1/2 tsp. of italian seasoning
- S+P, to taste
- 1 tbsp. of olive oil
- Basil, for serving
- Tomato sauce, for serving
- In a bowl, combine spinach + ricotta + half the parmesan + S+P
- Take a wrapper + scoop some of the mix onto it
- Take another wrapper + pinch together tightly
- Repeat until you’ve used all the cheese or all of the wrappers
- Add the ravioli to boiling water 2 at a time, boil for about 3-4 minutes
- Set aside
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs
- In another bowl, combine breadcrumbs + rest of the parmesan + crushed red pepper + dried basil + italian seasoning + S+P
- Dredge ravioli in eggs + breadcrumbs, lay on a parchment paper lined baking sheet
- Drizzle ravioli with olive oil
- Bake for 15-17 minutes or until golden brown
- Serve with extra parmesan + basil + tomato sauce for dipping
- You’ll thank me profusely later