Our first real date was at a Chick-fil-A. We sat at a hightop table & shared nuggets, fries, & milkshakes. Like, how retro. Plus, we were 19 & poor – just love us.
I honestly can’t imagine going on an adult first date. Like, what do you wear? What do you talk about? Taxes? Gas prices? Please don’t tell me politics – I’ll break out in hives.
Also, tell me the truth, do you HAVE to order salad? Like, do adult males look at you differently if you order a lasagna? I hope the salad thing is just some sick & twisted Hollywood plot that’s been burned in my brain because it’s just the worst excuse for a dinner.
I’m so pissed off by the end a salad, I’d probably start picking off my date’s plate & then he’d never call me & he’d post something heinous about me on the internet & I’d never get another date & I’d have all of these recipes & no one to share them with. <— I would also never get asked on a first date to begin with.
This salad does not suck, however. Nothing with pasta + prosciutto does, though, so eat it.
Time: 20 minutes (prep + cooking) | Serves: 2-3
- 5-6 cups of your preferred green, romaine mix used here
- 2 cups of tortellini
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup of banana peppers, diced
- 6-7 slices of prosciutto, chopped
- 1 oz. of mozzarella, freshly shaved
- 2-3 tbsp. of balsamic vinaigrette
- S+P, to taste
- Cook tortellini according to package directions, drain + let cool
- In a bowl, combine green + onion + banana peppers + prosciutto + tortellini
- Toss with S+P + vinaigrette
- Serve with fresh mozzarella on top
- Follow up with a sweet treat, you earned it