I am a creature of habit. I wake up at 5:30 a.m. on weekdays & 7 a.m. on the weekends. I eat a bagel thin with whipped cream cheese & a glass of orange juice. I drink 2 cups of black coffee. I watch the news. I work on the blog.
This is my routine. This is my happy time. I don’t want anything coming in between me & my happy time.
Unfortunately, someone in my household discovered smoothies this week. Guess what liquid he uses in his new treats? MY ORANGE JUICE.
Went to pour today’s glass – only a swig left…
*breathe, relax, banish him to the grocery store, he’s the love of your life, breathe*
This thrown-together-with-pantry-ingredients-curry was mighty popular with my smoothie king.
Time: 30 minutes (prep + cooking) | Serves: 3-4
- 2 cups of basmati rice
- 1 can of light coconut milk
- 3 tbsp. of peanut butter
- 1 cup of thai red curry sauce
- 1 tbsp. of rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp. of honey
- 4 tbsp. of garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. of crushed red pepper
- 1 tsp. of cumin
- 1 tbsp. of olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 1/2 cup of snap peas
- 1 can of chickpeas, drained + rinsed
- S+P, to taste
- Cook rice according to package directions, set aside
- In a saucepan, bring coconut milk to a simmer
- Add peanut butter + curry sauce, bring back to simmer
- Add vinegar + honey + garlic + 1 tsp. of crushed red peper + cumin + S+P, let thicken about 6-8 minutes
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat
- Add onion + cook until soft, about 3-4 minutes
- Add snap peas, cook for another 2-3 minutes
- Add chickpeas + S+P + 1 tsp. of crushed red pepper
- To serve, plate rice + veggies + curry, in that order
- Pour leftover curry sauce directly into your pie hole