So my subconscious is plotting to kill me.
I’ve been suspecting it for a while, but now I have psychological proof.
My dreams have been so vivid & full of terrible events & enemies around every corner & old flames & mean girls & I wake up in a cold sweat every morning wanting to simultaneously puke & scream. It takes me hours to shake them off & remind myself they weren’t real. “It was all a DREAMMM” – Biggie & me.
Like, I don’t know what I ever did to my subconscious to make her hate me so much. I’ve given her a home & lots of exciting, happy events to enjoy over the years. & this is how she repays me? (I’ve also determined my subconscious is a sick, twisted 19-year-old female practicing the dark art of witchcraft).
I’m eating some of these leftovers at 8 a.m. because it’s how I’m coping.
Time: 30 minutes (prep + cooking) | Serves: 3-4
- 1 package of whole wheat penne
- 2 cups of packed broccolini, ends trimmed
- 1 lb. of chicken sausage, spicy italian style used here
- 1 tbsp. of garlic, minced
- 2 cups of vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp. of butter
- 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese, grated + more for serving
- 1 tbsp. of olive oil
- 1 tsp. of crushed red pepper
- 1/2 tsp. of dried basil
- S+P, to taste
- Cook pasta until al dente, drain + set aside
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat
- Add chicken sausage + let brown, about 5-6 minutes
- Add garlic + cook for another minute
- Add stock + crushed red pepper + basil + S+P, bring to a simmer
- Add broccolini + S+P + cook covered for 4-5 minutes or until broccolini is tender
- Add pasta back to stock pot + add broccolini mix
- Add butter + parmesan + S+P, combine
- Serve with a sprinkle of extra parmesan
- Be like me + have 3 heaping bowls.
Idea from here: http://www.realsimple.com/food-recipes/browse-all-recipes/pasta-broccoli-rabe-sausage
6 thoughts on “Broccolini + Chicken Sausage Pasta”
You worry me….
I worry myself.
At this rate one things a fact, you’ll never starve.
This looks mouthwatering. Great job.
This looks really yummy, I might try it, minus the sausages for a vegetarian option!
I’m right there with you. Sometimes pasta for breakfast is the best way to feel better! That, or a glass or two of wine before bed 🙂 Always works for me!