I am very in love with my husband. Like, I’m obsessed with him. But I am sometimes in a romantic relationship with carbohydrates.
Garrett is a mutant & read somewhere that carbs are bad for him????? I don’t know where he gets his information. Anyways, he tries to avoid them.
So when the cat is away, the mouse will play or something, AM I RIGHT?!
I ate this out of the pan & felt Topanga’s beady lil eyes judging me but I don’t care because she eats her own vomit so……..
Eat the carbs, don’t let the little voices in your head (or pets) lie to you.
Time: 30 minutes (prep + cooking) | Serves: 2 as a main; 4 as a side
- 2 gold potatoes, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeno, diced
- 2 tbsp. of garlic, minced
- 2 cups of arugula
- 2 tbsp. of olive oil
- 1 tsp. of crushed red pepper
- S+P to taste
- 1 tbsp. of cilantro, chopped + more for serving
- Heat 1 tbsp. of olive oil in a cast iron skillet over medium heat
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Add onion to skillet, cook for 3-4 minutes
- Add red pepper + S+P, cook for another 2-3 minutes
- Add potatoes + garlic + jalapeno + crushed red pepper + S+P, cook for 8-10 minutes, stirring often
- Drizzle on the last tbsp. of olive oil + put skillet in the oven for 10 minutes
- Remove skillet & stir in arugula + cilantro + S+P
- Serve with extra cilantro & gorge all evening long!
11 thoughts on “Arugula Hash”
Love it! All my favourite flavours 🙂
All mine as well! Thanks for reading 🙂
Who/What is a Topanga? We need details……..
Get out of here, dude. I’ve referred to my dog 800 times BUH BYE.
Yum!! This post is making me hungry 🙂
Great way to use arugula! Yum!
Potatoes are good carbs, better than frankenwheat or corns sugars in any case…
Thanks for the like…you have some lovely recipes here.
Why thank ya!
you’re hilarious. wish my husband could swap brains with yours though…would make my dietary choices easier. 😀
I love the bitter cleansing properties of Arugula and what it adds to a dish!