I am very in love with my husband. Like, I’m obsessed with him. But I am sometimes in a romantic relationship with carbohydrates.
Garrett is a mutant & read somewhere that carbs are bad for him????? I don’t know where he gets his information. Anyways, he tries to avoid them.
So when the cat is away, the mouse will play or something, AM I RIGHT?!
I ate this out of the pan & felt Topanga’s beady lil eyes judging me but I don’t care because she eats her own vomit so……..
Eat the carbs, don’t let the little voices in your head (or pets) lie to you.
Time: 30 minutes (prep + cooking) | Serves: 2 as a main; 4 as a side
- 2 gold potatoes, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeno, diced
- 2 tbsp. of garlic, minced
- 2 cups of arugula
- 2 tbsp. of olive oil
- 1 tsp. of crushed red pepper
- S+P to taste
- 1 tbsp. of cilantro, chopped + more for serving
- Heat 1 tbsp. of olive oil in a cast iron skillet over medium heat
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Add onion to skillet, cook for 3-4 minutes
- Add red pepper + S+P, cook for another 2-3 minutes
- Add potatoes + garlic + jalapeno + crushed red pepper + S+P, cook for 8-10 minutes, stirring often
- Drizzle on the last tbsp. of olive oil + put skillet in the oven for 10 minutes
- Remove skillet & stir in arugula + cilantro + S+P
- Serve with extra cilantro & gorge all evening long!