I honestly cannot believe that I lasted 23 years without ever having a professional massage.
Where have the masseuses been hiding all of my life?! I mean, I am forever changed after an hour with Justin. I wish he had a more exotic name, but my GOODNESS he had exotic hands.
I wasn’t sure how I’d feel being rubbed by a stranger, but one minute on that table with the zen Asian music flowing & I was hooked.
Justin suggested that I get 90 minute massages every two weeks because I have a lot of “tension” & I laughed out loud because really? Me? Stressed? Never heard of it.
This was really a weekend of firsts for me. I also waited 23 years to put chorizo in risotto & I am never looking back.
Time: 1 hour (prep + cooking) | Serves: 4
- 1 1/2 cups of arborio rice
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tbsp. of garlic, minced
- 1 lb. of ground chorizo
- 4 cups of vegetable stock
- 1 can of fire roasted tomatoes
- 1/2 cup of dry white wine
- 1/2 cup of packed spinach
- 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tbsp. of olive oil
- S+P, to taste
- Heat olive oil in a large stock pot over medium heat
- Add onion + cook until soft, about 3-4 minutes
- Add garlic, cook another minute
- Add chorizo + cook through, 6-8 minutes
- Meanwhile, warm stock + roasted tomatoes (juice + all) in a saucepan over low-med heat
- Add arborio rice to the chorizo pot, stirring to coat the rice
- Add wine + cook until absorbed
- Start ladling stock + tomatoes into rice, one ladle at a time
- Stir rice for 35-40 minutes or until cooked through, stirring often
- Once done, add spinach + cheese + plenty of S+P
- Serve hot with a sprinkle of extra cheese
- Swan dive into this pool of majesty