I honestly cannot believe that I lasted 23 years without ever having a professional massage.
Where have the masseuses been hiding all of my life?! I mean, I am forever changed after an hour with Justin. I wish he had a more exotic name, but my GOODNESS he had exotic hands.
I wasn’t sure how I’d feel being rubbed by a stranger, but one minute on that table with the zen Asian music flowing & I was hooked.
Justin suggested that I get 90 minute massages every two weeks because I have a lot of “tension” & I laughed out loud because really? Me? Stressed? Never heard of it.
This was really a weekend of firsts for me. I also waited 23 years to put chorizo in risotto & I am never looking back.
Time: 1 hour (prep + cooking) | Serves: 4
- 1 1/2 cups of arborio rice
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tbsp. of garlic, minced
- 1 lb. of ground chorizo
- 4 cups of vegetable stock
- 1 can of fire roasted tomatoes
- 1/2 cup of dry white wine
- 1/2 cup of packed spinach
- 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tbsp. of olive oil
- S+P, to taste
- Heat olive oil in a large stock pot over medium heat
- Add onion + cook until soft, about 3-4 minutes
- Add garlic, cook another minute
- Add chorizo + cook through, 6-8 minutes
- Meanwhile, warm stock + roasted tomatoes (juice + all) in a saucepan over low-med heat
- Add arborio rice to the chorizo pot, stirring to coat the rice
- Add wine + cook until absorbed
- Start ladling stock + tomatoes into rice, one ladle at a time
- Stir rice for 35-40 minutes or until cooked through, stirring often
- Once done, add spinach + cheese + plenty of S+P
- Serve hot with a sprinkle of extra cheese
- Swan dive into this pool of majesty
11 thoughts on “Roasted Tomato + Chorizo Risotto”
So I typically look forward to your blog posts b/c I love your recipes and writing. Couldn’t believe when I saw this one – I too got my first-ever massage this weekend and had just bought chorizo with plans of making risotto with it…well played. 😀
Jen… are you kidding me?! We are SYNCED! I hope your massage experience was as great as mine. & I can’t WAIT to see your chorizo risotto. 🙂
Risotto + Chorizo! How good is that!!
Simply the best! Thanks for reading!
LikeLiked by 1 person
mm hmmm, Justin cousin works at the spa by me.
Umm…brilliant creation, once again.
Hahaha do these boys have a club?! I had no idea such a scrawny boy could have such strong hands…
Thank you, thank you, my love.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Love chorizo – especially the “good” stuff in bulk. Love Risotto. Never thought of putting the two together. What an awesome idea.
I hadn’t either! & they are my top two favorite things in life. Give it a try! 🙂
This looks a lot like what my mom calls “Spanish rice” and it is SO flavourful and delicious! It totally changes everything about a burrito and makes plain rice so sad 😦
How did I not know you could get ground chorizo?? Maybe I knew and forgot it. Since I am loving risotto these days I’ll add this recipe to the list – looks delish. Heads up – no quail recipes … Ever! My Valentines dinner appetizer was an option of quail or oysters and I should have gone with the oysters or actually just more bread.
You sure can get it! Typically Johnsonville brand, but I’ve seen others. You would love! & quail is heinous. So are oysters. Stick with carbs ALWAYS