I’ve never understood cabin fever. What is bad about being stuck inside a warm home with plush blankies & snacks?
I love having 0 plans & getting to roll around & cook & read & cry & do all of my favorite activities without obligation. HELLO – I didn’t put on pants for 48 hours. Bliss.
I spent a lot of my free time watching old Bachelor clips on YouTube & researching reality TV stars of my past. Whatever happened to Real World/Road Rules challenges, by the way?
I also made enough food to feed a small Hungarian village. I literally don’t have enough tupperware for all of it so I’ve plastic wrapped pots & pans & they’re sitting in my fridge… Y’all come over & eat this stuff for me. Just bring some wine.
But you can’t have my leftover quesadillas. These are all mine.
Time: 1 hour (prep + cooking) | Serves: 2 quesadillas
- 1 can of cannellini beans, rinsed + drained
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 cup of packed spinach
- 4 tortillas
- 1 cup of shredded cheese, I used a spicy kind, but mozz would be fine
- 2 tsp. of lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. of olive oil
- S+P, to taste
- Heat one tbsp. of olive oil in a large skillet over low-med heat
- Add onion + S+P + let slowly caramelize, about 20 minutes
- While onion is cooking, add beans to a bowl + smash them
- When onions are just about done, add beans to the skillet + let warm, about 1-2 minutes
- Put onion + bean mix into a bowl + set aside
- Heat the other tbsp. of olive oil in the skillet over med heat
- Add a tortilla + some cheese + half of the bean mixture + spinach + 1 tsp. of lemon juice + S+P + more cheese + another tortilla (in that order), cook for 3-4 minutes
- Flip tortilla + cook another 4 minutes or until browned
- Repeat with remaining ingredients
- Smash your face into these