I had an outrageous spending problem in college. My crop top addiction forced me to online shop daily. I think I single-handedly kept Forever 21 in business in 2012.
When I finally started making a little bit of real money, I became one of those A&E Hoarders. I just stopped spending cold turkey & started stuffing dollar bills in the floorboards.
I can’t shake my cheap skate ways. I check the bank account daily & it grinds my gears whenever I see that Garrett has bought coffee.
“Why do you need a $6 cup of coffee?”
“I bought my friend a cup, too.”
“Wow did we open up a soup kitchen & you forgot to tell me or????”
I’m also about to shut off our cable. Like, why am I paying $100 a month for 3 golf channels? I only watch the Food Network anyways. I’m honestly not sure how many more times I can see Ina make her own cheese out of thin air. She’s gotta have little colonial women churning butter in the living room or something.
I’m eating this salad in one of my old crop tops & trying to figure out why I ever paid more money for half a shirt???
Time: 25 minutes (prep + cooking) | Serves: 2
- 1 granny smith apple, sliced thin
- 3/4 cup of walnuts, chopped
- 1 tsp. of honey
- 1/2 cup of dried cranberries
- 4-6 cups of packed lettuce or spinach
- 1/2 tsp. of crushed red pepper
- 1 tbsp. of olive oil
- S+P, to taste
- Balsamic vinaigrette, to taste
- Mozzarella cheese shavings, for serving
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- In a bowl, combine apple + walnuts + honey + olive oil + S+P + crushed red pepper
- Lay in an even layer on a lined baking sheet
- Roast for 6-8 minutes, don’t burn the nuts!
- In a bowl, combine lettuce + roasted apple mix + cranberries + S+P + balsamic vinaigrette
- Serve with mozzarella shavings
- Shimmy all night because you are healthy!