I have officially entered the 2010’s & gotten a Birchbox subscription.
I know I’m like 2 years behind on this. I’m terrible at being a female, though, so organic makeups just never appealed to me.
My mom got me a subscription for my upcoming birthday (y’all know I’m too cheap to buy it myself, PUHLEASE). I had to take some, like, personality test to tell them what kind of products I want.
“What is wrong with your skin?” Well, everything.
“What is your hair like?” Miserable & stringy.
“What is your level of beauty knowledge?” Oh very proficient. My mascara costs like $20.
Then, they ask me about nail polish. Like, just because I am an adult female does NOT mean I know how to paint my nails. I can’t do it, ok? I’ve tried. I always end up pulling a Picasso on the bathroom rug.
But they are sending me healthy snacks & treats so I’m willing to let the nail polish thing slide.
Time: 35 minutes (prep + cooking) | Serves: 2-3
- 1 cup of quinoa
- 1 can of chickpeas, rinsed + drained
- 1 can of black beans, rinsed + drained
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 tbsp. of cilantro, chopped
- 3 tbsp. of sriracha
- 1 tsp. of honey
- 1 tbsp. of olive oil
- 1 tsp. of crushed red pepper
- 2 tsp. of fresh lemon juice
- Feta cheese, for serving
- Tortilla chips, for serving
- S+P, to taste
- Cook quinoa according to package directions, drain + set aside
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- In a bowl, combine chickpeas + sriracha + honey + olive oil + crushed red pepper + S+P
- Lay on a lined baking sheet + roast for 25-30 minutes
- In a bowl, combine quinoa + black beans + onion + cilantro + chickpeas + lemon juice + S+P
- Serve with feta cheese + crushed tortilla chips + more cilantro
- Swan dive into a bowl of this