I have officially entered the 2010’s & gotten a Birchbox subscription.
I know I’m like 2 years behind on this. I’m terrible at being a female, though, so organic makeups just never appealed to me.
My mom got me a subscription for my upcoming birthday (y’all know I’m too cheap to buy it myself, PUHLEASE). I had to take some, like, personality test to tell them what kind of products I want.
“What is wrong with your skin?” Well, everything.
“What is your hair like?” Miserable & stringy.
“What is your level of beauty knowledge?” Oh very proficient. My mascara costs like $20.
Then, they ask me about nail polish. Like, just because I am an adult female does NOT mean I know how to paint my nails. I can’t do it, ok? I’ve tried. I always end up pulling a Picasso on the bathroom rug.
But they are sending me healthy snacks & treats so I’m willing to let the nail polish thing slide.
Time: 35 minutes (prep + cooking) | Serves: 2-3
- 1 cup of quinoa
- 1 can of chickpeas, rinsed + drained
- 1 can of black beans, rinsed + drained
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 tbsp. of cilantro, chopped
- 3 tbsp. of sriracha
- 1 tsp. of honey
- 1 tbsp. of olive oil
- 1 tsp. of crushed red pepper
- 2 tsp. of fresh lemon juice
- Feta cheese, for serving
- Tortilla chips, for serving
- S+P, to taste
- Cook quinoa according to package directions, drain + set aside
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- In a bowl, combine chickpeas + sriracha + honey + olive oil + crushed red pepper + S+P
- Lay on a lined baking sheet + roast for 25-30 minutes
- In a bowl, combine quinoa + black beans + onion + cilantro + chickpeas + lemon juice + S+P
- Serve with feta cheese + crushed tortilla chips + more cilantro
- Swan dive into a bowl of this
9 thoughts on “Quinoa + Roasted Chickpea Salad”
“Picasso on the bathroom rug” that’s a good one!!!
Hahaha it’s the truth!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Your level of beauty knowledge is higher than mine! I don’t even use mascara. Anyways, this salad looks amazing! I recently just got my boyfriend on the quinoa train so I’ll have to put this into rotation!
I would prefer to not wear any. This is a good one to start with! I’m not the biggest quinoa fan either, but this is great. Thanks for reading!
Yum! The salad looks amazing! Is it very spicy? Do you think it would go well with goat cheese? 🙂
It’s really not that spicy, but I would eat lava so…. If you don’t like any spice, just roast the chickpeas in extra olive oil! I think goat cheese would be PERFECT. Thanks for reading!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thanks for liking my Homemade granola post! Enjoying your site!! I’m a new follower 🙂
I appreciate it!
This looks delicious. I just turned my family on to eating Quinoa and they love chickpeas so this is a great recipe.