It’s Topanga’s golden birthday! Mama’s sweet girl turned 5 yesterday. Where in the world does the time go?
It seems like just yesterday I picked out the tiniest pup in the whole place. It was a cosmic moment. Like, “I shall call her Topanga & she will be mine.”
I named her Topanga Starr, letting her drop our last name on her 2nd birthday. Everyone doubted me. “You’ll never get a dog to respond to a three syllable first name!” K.
She has just really flourished. She’s gone from eating all of my underwear to just the occasional pair. We’re still figuring out the leash thing, but I think this is her year to master it.
Happy Birthday, T! Gotta make the snacks for the awful Frozen-themed party you requested.
Time: 30 minutes (prep + cooking) | Serves: 2
- 2-3 slices of whole wheat sourdough bread, cut in chunks
- 1-2 cups of grape tomatoes, rinsed
- 2 oz. of fresh mozzarella cheese
- 2 tbsp. of fresh basil, chiffonaded
- 2 tbsp. of olive oil
- 1/3 cup of balsamic vinegar
- S+P, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Lay out tomatoes on a lined baking sheet
- Sprinkle with S+P + drizzle with a tbsp. of olive oil
- Roast for 6-8 minutes
- Remove from the oven + add bread chunks to the sheet, sprinkle with S+P + drizzle with other tbsp. of olive oil
- Put back in the oven + roast another 5-7 minutes or until the bread is just slightly browned
- Meanwhile, heat vinegar in a sauce pan over medium heat, bring to a simmer + turn down to low-med, letting it reduce for about 7-8 minutes
- In a bowl, combine bread + tomatoes + mozzarella + basil + S+P
- Drizzle each bowl with some of the balsamic vinegar reduction
- Don’t share just eat all of this yourself it is better that way trust me