I get great pleasure out of getting people in the Pacific Northwest to talk about their opinions of the south.
I’m pretty sure everyone up here thinks the south is one giant state. Like, “Oh you’re from Tennessee, I have a friend in Georgia.” K that’s nice. It’s not all the same, people. Like, don’t equate me with Mississippi just because of geographical proximity.
They also envision tornadoes happening daily & tumbleweeds blowing by as we take our horse & buggy to work. The Wizard of Oz has really ruined society.
Everyone is so bummed when they realize I don’t have much of an accent. “Oh wow you don’t even sound like it….” Sorry to disappoint you but I have other good qualities, I swear!
Like making fiery hot balls of decadence.
Time: 40 minutes (prep + cooking) | Serves: 12 bites
- 1 cup of quinoa, cooked
- 1/4 cup of breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. of hot sauce
- 1 tsp. of garlic salt
- 1 tsp. of onion salt
- 1/2 tsp. of crushed red pepper
- 1 tsp. of cilantro, chopped
- S+P, to taste
- 1 tbsp. of olive oil
- 1/3 cup of buffalo sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a bowl, combine cooled quinoa + breadcrumbs + cheese + egg + hot sauce + garlic salt + onion salt + red pepper + cilantro + S+P
- Roll quinoa mixture into small, tight balls
- Lay on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet
- Drizzle with olive oil
- Bake for 10 minutes
- Remove from oven + add half of the buffalo sauce
- Return to oven + bake another 15 minutes
- Remove from oven + add the rest of buffalo sauce
- Serve on a plate of greens + with some sort of dipping sauce if you CAN’T HANDLE THE HEAT
- Just rub these all over your face until it melts off
Idea came from here: