I had the very best birthday a girl could have asked for. Since Garrett is away, my dad decided to come to Seattle for the celebration. It was just the best darn weekend. We wined & dined & shopped & went to a car museum & watched sports. I even acted interested in every bit of it!
Best thing we did, though, was get the lil matching tats we’ve always talked about. Ever since I was little, we played this game where if the other person was really deep in thought or sad you’d ask them, “what are you thinking about?” & you had to answer “4” or you lost our little game. It helped snap you out of whatever funk you were in. So we got radical little 4’s on our wrists.
Of course we go into the shop & they are playing Pink Floyd & he has to drop some music knowledge on the artists & other patrons. Like, thank God they weren’t playing Dr. Dre or he would have busted out his Beats & we would have been in there all day.
He also asked if they could draw flames coming off of his 4. Like, it’s not a Hot Wheels, dude. He settled for them making it crooked… you’ll see.
All to say, I am the happiest lil 24 year-old to ever walk this earth.
Time: 35 minutes (prep + cooking) | Serves: 4-5 tacos
- Corn tortillas, toasted
- 1 can of chickpeas, drained + rinsed
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1/2 red pepper, diced
- 1 tbsp. of banana peppers, diced
- 1 tsp. of sriracha
- 1 tsp. of crushed red pepper
- 1/2 tsp. of lemon pepper
- S+P, to taste
- 1 tbsp. of olive oil
- Hummus, for tortillas
- Feta cheese, for serving
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- In a bowl, combine chickpeas + onion + red pepper + banana peppers + crushed red pepper + lemon pepper + sriracha + S+P
- Lay on a lined baking sheet + drizzle with olive oil
- Roast for 20-25 minutes
- Spread some hummus on a tortilla + fill with veggies + top with feta cheese
- Repeat with other tortillas
- See how many you can fit in your mouth at once