My Garrett is HOME!!!!!!!! Did you hear me? HOME! After a month & a half of training, my bub is back in my puny arms.
Obviously I missed him more than life, but it’s a little odd adjusting to having another human being in the house again. Like, I forgot what a burden it was to have to close the door when I pee.
However, I feel so blessed I don’t have to take the trash out anymore. I don’t care what you say – I LOVE GENDER ROLES. Leave me in the kitchen while he tinkers on cars & mows the lawn & crap, please.
My blood pressure did soar a bit when I bought groceries for 2 again. Like, all the darn meat this man requires. I can’t. Are you sure you don’t want to go back to the woods & play some more, honey?
These were his welcome home gift. Because nothing says “I love you” like meat from a crock pot!
Time: 18 hours (prep + cooking) ((don’t hate me)) | Serves: 4-5 sandwiches
- 2 lbs. of boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 cup of your favie BBQ sauce
- 1 tbsp. of worcestershire
- 1 tbsp. of rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup of brown sugar
- 1 tsp. of cumin
- 1/2 tsp. of crushed red pepper
- 1/2 tsp. of garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp. of onion salt
- 1/2 head of red cabbage, chopped
- 1 tbsp. of olive oil
- 1 tbsp. of honey
- 1 tbsp. of dijon mustard
- S+P, to taste
- Hoagies, for serving
- In a bowl, whisk together BBQ sauce + worcestershire + vinegar + brown sugar + cumin + crushed red pepper + garlic salt + onion salt + S+P
- S+P your chicken breasts on both sides
- Add chicken + BBQ mix to a Ziploc bag + let marinate overnight
- In the morning, add chicken to a crock pot + turn on low for 8 hours
- Shred the chicken + let cook another 20 minutes
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine cabbage + olive oil + honey + mustard + S+P
- To serve, layer chicken + cabbage on a bun
- Pour crock pot remnants on body