Like, please explain how I can leave for work looking like a perfect 10 & by the time 5 p.m. rolls around I look like a literal troll.
What are the physics behind this phenomenon? How can so much damage be done in 8 short hours?
I went to the bathroom before I left work & almost didn’t recognize myself. My hair was greasy (washed it the night before), my mascara was running down my cheeks like I’ve been sobbing at e-mails all day, & my clothes look like they’ve never met an iron. You are a PROFESSIONAL, Rachel – get it together!
I always think it’s going to be different, too. Like, I’ll have a really cute day & I just KNOW that it will be the one I will stay hella adorable. NOPE – still a 5 p.m. troll just looking for a bridge to guard. I just want to put a shawl on my head & run to the car, honestly.
I get home & even Topanga looks at me in disgust. Then I feed her falafel crumbs & she pretends to think I’m pretty.
Time: 50 minutes | Serves: 20-25 falafel (depending on how big you make them)
- 2 cans of chickpeas
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup of cilantro, chopped
- 2 tbsp. of parsley, chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 tbsp. of all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp. of parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tbsp. of lemon juice
- 1 tsp. of cumin
- 1 tsp. of paprika
- 1/2 tsp. of crushed red pepper
- S+P, to taste
- 1 tbsp. of olive oil
- Pita bread, for serving
- 1 cup of non-fat greek yogurt
- 2 tsp. of lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- In a food processor, combine chickpeas + onion + cilantro + parsley + garlic + flour + cheese + lemon juice + cumin + paprika + crushed red pepper + S+P
- Process on low + slowly add olive oil
- Form into small balls + place on parchment paper-lined baking sheets
- Bake for 25 minutes
- In a small bowl, combine greek yogurt + 2 tsp. of lemon juice + S+P
- Stuff 3-4 falafel in some pita + drizzle the yogurt on top
- Race your husband to see who can eat the most in the shortest time span