Take a moment & imagine a hot summer day. Now imagine your air conditioner breaks. Panic ensues. Clothes come off. Head goes in the freezer. The works. THIS is how Washingtonians live every. single. summer.
No central air in the homes. No but literally, where am I????
It only got up to like 67 degrees yesterday, but when I got home the apartment felt like Satan’s den & I had to rip off all of my clothes immediately.
Don’t get me wrong, I loooovvvveeeeeee being warm. But I want the OPTION to be cool. This is AMERICA.
I’m in need of 1 million portable fans with the built in mister. Please donate today.
Time: 30 minutes (prep + cooking) | Serves: 2
- 4 zucchini squash, rinsed + cut in very small strips or spiralized
- 2 cups of grape or cherry tomatoes, rinsed
- 1/2 cup of sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 cup of fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup of walnuts
- 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tsp. of crushed red pepper
- 1/2 tsp. of rosemary
- 1/2 tsp. of italian seasoning
- S+P, to taste
- 1 tbsp. of butter
- 1/2 cup of olive oil for pesto
- 2 tbsp. of olive oil for zoodles
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Lay tomatoes on a lined baking sheet
- Sprinkle with S+P + 1 tbsp. of olive oil
- Roast for 6-8 minutes
- Meanwhile, add sun-dried tomatoes + basil + walnuts + cheese + red pepper + rosemary + italian seasoning + S+P to a food processor
- While processing on low, slowly add in the olive oil
- In a large saute pan, heat 1 tbsp. of olive oil on medium heat
- Add zoodles +S+P to pan + saute for 3-4 minutes
- Add roasted tomatoes + S+P to pan and cook another 3-4 minutes
- Add butter + pesto to pan, cook another 2-3 minutes
- Serve with extra parmesan
- Eat all the dessert you can find
15 thoughts on “Sun-dried Tomato Pesto Zoodles”
67ºk? Try an average of 110º K!
Don’t melt into a puddle!!
Don’t even talk to me with your 67 degree weather. You make me sick.
These pesto zoodles on the other hand though, now that’s what I’m talking about 😁
Hahahahaha my badddddd….. Umm it’s like sprinkling today & 65 if that is better???? 😉
This looks spectacular. Can’t wait to try!
I certainly hope you do!
So, as a DC liver, I’m actually weirdly looking forward to that completely mind boggling time when you walk somewhere, schvitzing your face off, and then all of a sudden you walk into work and you’re like WHERE IS MY PARKA?! Because it’s America. And it’s all about options.
OMG THAT is the feeling I live for. I’m melting into a puddle, then I walk into a cold room & get under my blankie!!
This looks wonderful! Can’t wait to give it a try. Oh, and where are we to send the million fans? lol
I hope you do! & I’ll have my people call your people 😉
LikeLiked by 1 person
I love your photo-style. It’s so raw and real and makes you want to pick up a fork and eat the plate right off the screen.
Looks great! Shared for Meatless Monday with our community!
This looks so good. I love all the flavors of your pesto, sun dried tomatoes, basil, walnuts and cheese, yum!
Looks yummy. I can’t wait to try!
Oh my goodness. ….I have all those ingredients! We will have to make this week.
Im always looking for recipes with Walnuts!
We love macadamia in pasta….its almost like parmesean cheese.
This is a great new idea.
Thanks as always.
Ps…40degrees celcius in Syndey last week! 104f In the old scale! Wowsers