Take a moment & imagine a hot summer day. Now imagine your air conditioner breaks. Panic ensues. Clothes come off. Head goes in the freezer. The works. THIS is how Washingtonians live every. single. summer.
No central air in the homes. No but literally, where am I????
It only got up to like 67 degrees yesterday, but when I got home the apartment felt like Satan’s den & I had to rip off all of my clothes immediately.
Don’t get me wrong, I loooovvvveeeeeee being warm. But I want the OPTION to be cool. This is AMERICA.
I’m in need of 1 million portable fans with the built in mister. Please donate today.
Time: 30 minutes (prep + cooking) | Serves: 2
- 4 zucchini squash, rinsed + cut in very small strips or spiralized
- 2 cups of grape or cherry tomatoes, rinsed
- 1/2 cup of sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 cup of fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup of walnuts
- 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tsp. of crushed red pepper
- 1/2 tsp. of rosemary
- 1/2 tsp. of italian seasoning
- S+P, to taste
- 1 tbsp. of butter
- 1/2 cup of olive oil for pesto
- 2 tbsp. of olive oil for zoodles
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Lay tomatoes on a lined baking sheet
- Sprinkle with S+P + 1 tbsp. of olive oil
- Roast for 6-8 minutes
- Meanwhile, add sun-dried tomatoes + basil + walnuts + cheese + red pepper + rosemary + italian seasoning + S+P to a food processor
- While processing on low, slowly add in the olive oil
- In a large saute pan, heat 1 tbsp. of olive oil on medium heat
- Add zoodles +S+P to pan + saute for 3-4 minutes
- Add roasted tomatoes + S+P to pan and cook another 3-4 minutes
- Add butter + pesto to pan, cook another 2-3 minutes
- Serve with extra parmesan
- Eat all the dessert you can find