I love an excuse to wear a floor length gown. I just really shine in them, ya know?
Friday was the military ball. Oh how I wish all of you could have been flies on the wall. It was that kind of evening.
Dinner was what you expect banquet, military food to be. I had a piece of lasagna & a potato that they shaped into a flower? I’m really not sure but I applaud the effort.
We were so looking forward to dancing the night away. All we wanted to do was bust several moves. Then the DJ played Cotton Eyed Joe & 18 other line dances in a row & it was time to go.
We did, however, pick up 2 large pizzas afterward & I just hair flipped all the way home.
Time: 45 minutes (prep + cooking) | Serves: 3-4
- 1 cup of grits
- 2 cups of water
- 1 cup of vegetable stock
- 6-8 strips of bacon, cut in chunks
- 1 lb. of raw shrimp
- 1/4 cup of green onions, sliced
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1 tbsp. of garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. of creole seasoning
- S+P, to taste
- 1 cup of cheddar cheese, shredded
- Bring water + stock + S+P to a boil in a saucepan
- Add grits, cover + cook on low heat until liquid is absorbed, about 30 minutes
- Meanwhile, cook bacon in a dry skillet over medium heat until desired crispiness
- Lay on a paper towel lined plate
- Add shrimp to the skillet you cooked the bacon in
- Add creole seasoning + S+P
- When shrimp are almost completely cooked, add bacon + green onion + lemon + garlic, cook another 2 minutes
- Once grits are cooked, stir in cheese + S+P
- Serve shrimp over grits with some extra green onion
- Give me a call + tell me thank you