I feel so blessed that Topanga is a non-shedding dog. Her gorgeous mane is one of the many reasons she’s the perfect pup.
But it’s getting warmer so the child requested some hair maintenance. Garr & I weighed our options. Do we spend $50 at the groomer or do we dare try something different? Something we have never dared to do. Cut her hair ourselves…
Seeing as I’m thrifty as all get out, I decided we’d give it a go. & when I say we, I mean Garr will cut her hair. & thus, Gawwy’s Homemade Haiwcuts was born.
I really thought he’d be able to pull this off, but our poor child looks like that naked cat in the Austin Powers movies. I’m like a little embarrassed by the sight of her. I guess we’ll just have to take her out after dark so the neighbors don’t see.
As a mother, I should tell her that looks don’t matter, but she’s just really frightening…
Time: 1 hour (prep + cooking) | Serves: 4
- 1 lb. of chorizo
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 2 cups of brown basmati rice
- 4 cups of vegetable stock
- 1 cup of frozen peas
- 1 tbsp. of cilantro, chopped
- 1 tbsp. of smoked paprika
- Pinch of saffron threads
- S+P, to taste
- Cook chorizo in a large pan over medium heat
- Remove from pan onto a paper towel-lined plate
- Add onion + S+P to the pan, cook for 3 minutes
- Add peppers + S+P, cook for another 3
- Add tomatoes + chorizo back to the pan
- Add rice + smoked paprika + saffron threads, coat well
- Add stock + cover, cooking for 20 minutes or until stock is absorbed + rice tender
- Add in peas + cilantro + S+P, cook another 5 minutes
- Serve with extra cilantro
- Smash face into plate
13 thoughts on “Chorizo Paella”
A doggy tee is in order perhaps? 🙂 She has the face of an angel. The recipe looks relish!!
Hahahaha a doggy tee is actually the best idea ever. Gotta find one! & it was delish – hope you try it!
Looks amazing. I love cooking with Saffron.
Why thank you! As do I. I don’t use it enough!
omg lol…luckily she doesn’t know the difference!!! also, must eat paella!!
Hahaha right?! She doesn’t know anything except that we’re laughing at her.
She is a sweet pup! Love chorizo!
She really is! Chorizo is my favie. Thanks, Lety!
LikeLiked by 1 person
I made your pulled bbq chicken sandwiches last week and they were really good!! Thank you for the recipe!
Oh yay! I am so glad they turned out good. That’s a pretty simple one 🙂 Thanks, Jenna!
Your dog looks cute. They all look a bit naked when they’re newly clipped. Must give the paella a try, I do love me a good paella.
Recipe looks great, I’ll have to try. Poor pup – the difference between a good haircut and a bad haircut is a few weeks 🙂