So we’ve all been asked to share our favorite quotes in a staff meeting this week……………
So many things could go wrong with this. A) What if I go too serious & kill the mood? B) What if I go funny & no one laughs? C) What if I choose something hip & obscure & NO ONE GETS IT?!
I just have so many thoughts. Why couldn’t they ask my favorite movie? (Titanic) Or the classic favorite color question? (Purple) I even prefer the hidden talent one because HELLO I am good at everything.
This could really change my peer’s perception of me. Right now I think I’m straddling the cute, quirky, neurotic line & I would like to ride that wave as long as possible.
Please advise or I will end up saying “Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened” or something.
Time: 45 minutes (prep + cooking) | Serves: 2 for din din
- 3 sweet potatoes, cut in very thin rounds
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 can of black beans, drained + rinsed
- 2 jalapenos, diced
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 cup of spicy cheese, shredded
- 1 tbsp. of sriracha
- Cilantro, for serving
- 2 tbsp. of olive oil
- S+P, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- On a lined baking sheet, lay out 1/2 the sweet potato rounds in an even layer
- Sprinkle with S+P + drizzle with 1 tbsp. of olive oil
- Bake for 12-14 minutes or until crisp
- Repeat with other half of sweet potatoes
- Turn on broiler
- Lay all sweet potato chips back on the baking sheet
- Top with onion + black beans + jalapenos + tomato + cheese + srirach
- Cook under broiler for 5-6 minutes or until cheese is melted + golden
- Top with cilantro
- Take the pan + run to bedroom + do not come out until you’re finished