Is it seriously already time to elect a new president? Like, why do we start this process so early? You’re interrupting my Today Show, Marco & Hillary.
Why do we announce that a candidate is ABOUT to announce they’re running? This is maddening to me. & why is the news revealing everyone’s campaign strategies? Isn’t that cheating? I literally know where Hillary will be every week for the next 8 months. This is dangerous!
I wish I was a better citizen. I’d like to be jazzed about it all, I really do. Be one of those people with the bumper sticker & the yard sign. Maybe even a t-shirt, I just don’t know.
I just don’t feel like I’ll connect with any of the candidates until we start digging a little deeper than foreign policy & the economy. Like, I want to know my president. Television show currently binge watching? Weird thing you do when you’re home alone? Do you fold or wad your toilet paper? Getting right down to the psyche.
I’m hopeless, aren’t I? Topanga 2016, y’all.
Time: 30 minutes (prep + cooking) | Serves: 2
- 12 oz. of barley
- 3 cups of brussels sprouts, peeled
- 1/2 cup of dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup of pecans
- 2 tbsp. of honey
- 1 tbsp. of olive oil
- Goat cheese, for serving
- S+P, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- In a bowl, combine brussels sprouts + honey + olive oil + S+P
- Roast on a lined baking sheet for 20 minutes
- Meanwhile, cook barley to package directions, drain
- In a large bowl, combine barley + cranberries + pecans + brussels sprouts + S+P + goat cheese
- Serve warm
- Throw a sprout at your partner + knock him out so you can eat the whole bowl