Don’t you just love when everything piles on your plate at once? Like the perfect storm of a week? I feel as though I am in a hurricane with a tornado headed my way.
I’m just a ball of stress at the moment. Life is all happening in this one little week. Like, I barely remembered to eat lunch yesterday. That literally never happens because my stomach starts growling around 9:30 a.m. & I have to feed the beast. (Don’t worry I drank my smoothie, ate some Cheez-its & had 2 Reese’s cups so I totally nourished myself)
I also have some sort of weird constellation growing on my chin?? Not sure what that’s about & people are starting to stare. Maybe it’s because my cover up is three shades darker than I currently am, but I can’t help that I’m an olive gal living in a Washington world, ya know?
I’m not complaining, really. I’m excellent at managing mass quantities of stress. My mind works really well under pressure, it’s just my body that fails me. Requiring sleep when it knows how much I have to get done, so selfish, I can’t.
Please pray that this week goes by quickly & that my chin pimples stay at bay.
Time: 30 minutes (prep + cooking) | Serves: 2-3
- 4-5 filets of cod, cut into thin strips
- 1 cup of olive oil
- 1 cup of panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp. of cajun seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. of crushed red pepper
- S+P, to taste
- 1 tbsp. of cilantro, chopped
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- Favie sauce with fish
- Preheat the broiler
- In a shallow bowl, add olive oil
- In another bowl, add panko + cajun seasoning + red pepper + S+P + cilantro
- Dredge fish in olive oil + breadcrumbs & arrange evenly on a lined baking sheet
- Broil for 6 minutes or until golden & fish flaky
- Squeeze lemon juice over fish
- Serve with some frenchies & your favie sauce
- Reminisce on childhood dinners when you ate fish sticks from a box & wonder how you survived